College Access Assistant Director: College Access Program
CollegeTracks seeks an energetic, passionate, and highly skilled individual to serve as the College Access Assistant Director for our college access programs at five MCPS High Schools.
The College Access Assistant Director, under the direct supervision of the College Access Director, will work in conjunction with the College Access team to ensure scholars have a postsecondary plan and pathway. This person will assume day-to-day program management responsibilities and will support a group of College Access Program Directors at various high school sites.
The College Access programs work collaboratively at their respective MCPS high school sites to guide students and families through the following eight (8) milestones:
- Plan Your Higher Education & Career Path
- Prepare for Standardized Tests
- Create Your Higher Education List
- Submit Your Applications
- Apply for Financial Aid
- Apply for Scholarships
- Decide Where to Attend
- Provide strategic, innovative and data-driven programmatic direction to successfully execute team goals
- Assist with the hiring and onboarding of Access staff positions
- Maintain and strengthen collaborative relationships with key MCPS high school administrators and staff
- Develop and nurture collaborative relationships with scholarship partners (New Futures, Posse, MC Scholars, Macklin Business Institute, etc.), and college admissions and financial aid staff to support the CollegeTracks student population
- Conduct orientations and trainings of Access staff and volunteers by sharing knowledge, best practices, tools, and resources
- Communicate effectively (verbally and in writing) with key MCPS partners and the broader community about CollegeTracks mission and programs, with a focus on increasing college access for students
- Participate in planning and expansion of CollegeTracks’ Access sites ensuring high-quality programming and consistently strong student outcomes
- Support knowledge-sharing through dissemination and curation of resources, tools, and best practices
- Analyze data on a biweekly and/or monthly to inform programmatic and organizational needs
- Oversee the logistics and implementation of the CollegeTracks test prep programs at Bethesda-Chevy Chase, Paint Branch, Quince Orchard, Watkins Mill, and Wheaton High Schools
Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
- 3+ years of college access work experience
- Master's degree in education, counseling, social work, psychology or a related field
- Strong leadership skills
- Working knowledge of college admissions, postsecondary pathways (certificate, 2-year, and 4-year programs) and college retention
- Understands and values racial equity as an organizational operating principle and is committed to continued learning on issues related to race, equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Proven interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Familiarity with Salesforce or similar relational database platform a plus
- Ability to successfully implement programming in a fast-paced nonprofit environment
- Must be extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Sense of humor
- Passionate about equal access to higher education
- Willing to advocate relentlessly on behalf of our students
- Access to reliable transportation
The College Access Assistant Director position is an on-site, full-time, permanent, and salaried position. We offer a generous benefits package, including health care, dental, retirement and vacation. The compensation for the College Access Assistant Director position is $75,000, and is non-negotiable.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates should send an email to [email protected] with “CollegeTracks College Access Assistant Director” in the subject line. Please include your resume and a cover letter that explains how your skills and qualifications meet the position requirements. Please note: CollegeTracks will verify academic credentials before hiring. New hires will be required to submit fingerprints for criminal background checks.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
CollegeTracks understands and values racial equity as an organizational operating principle and is committed to continued learning on issues related to race, equity, diversity, and inclusion. We believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion among our team is critical to our success and mission. We seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. CollegeTracks is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against anyone because of race, age, sex, color, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, religion, ancestry, or national origin, marital status, genetic information, or political affiliation, or gender identity and expression. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply for open positions.