Gifts Officer: Development Team
POSITION SUMMARY: GIFTS OFFICER
CollegeTracks seeks an energetic, passionate, and experienced Gifts Officer to serve on our Development Team. The Gifts Officer is responsible for the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of a portfolio of mid-level to major current individual donors and prospects. The Gifts Officer reports to the Chief Development Officer (CDO) and supports CollegeTracks’ mission by working collaboratively across the organization to increase funding from individual donors, lead or assist with fundraising campaigns, and build relationships across the region.
THE DEVELOPMENT TEAM: The CollegeTracks Development Team works to build the relationships, resources, and revenue streams needed to sustain and expand CollegeTracks’ programs and organization. The Development Team works with leadership, the Board of Directors, and other staff and partners to ensure CollegeTracks meets its annual fundraising goals while positioning the organization for future growth. Most importantly, the Gifts Officer builds strong relationships with our donors and community, helping them connect to our work and mission and make it theirs. Ultimately, our mission as a team is to help MCPS’ incredible scholars pursue the futures they want and deserve.
- Gift Development Strategy: Work with the CDO and others to design a deepened and improved individual gifts strategy, including a variety of compelling and authentic cultivation strategies, a sustainable stewardship strategy, and more.
- Prospect Identification & Qualification: Use existing records, research and screening tools, and our community to identify new donor prospects, determine which current donors offer the most promise of increased gifts, and qualify/prioritize the resulting lists.
- Donor Cultivation & Solicitation: Build and deepen relationships with the qualified list and portfolio. Plan and execute a cultivation moves management strategy for each prospect, using set moves and individualized approaches when needed. Map relationships to ensure the right CollegeTracks community members are engaging with prospects at the right time. Ensure that these moves are designed to move prospects towards new, or larger, giving, but are also relationship-based. Make sound, prepared solicitations, and/or ensure that other team members are doing so when appropriate.
- Stewardship: Engage with donors in ways that bring them into CollegeTracks’ mission and community. Continue to deepen donor relationships with CollegeTracks, finding new ways to make the work meaningful and connected to them, to sustain and/or increase their giving. Work with the CDO on donor stewardship, both individualized and by developing a standardized donor engagement and stewardship calendar.
- Achieve Results: Be accountable for efforts, relationships, and results in assigned portfolio.
- Campaigns: Lead, and assist, in planning, managing, and implementing a “low-touch” fundraising calendar for small donors, including campaigns such as the end-of-year appeal, social media campaigns, peer-to-peer campaigns, alumni campaigns, recurring donor campaigns, and ongoing email or direct mail campaigns.
- Systems: Use Salesforce thoroughly and consistently to track gifts, relationships, and efforts, and to plan strategies and moves management approaches.
- Continue to Grow: Find and participate in professional development opportunities. Learn more about fundraising, higher education, educational attainment, systemic inequities, Montgomery County, and more. Find new ways to think about the work, and new ways to communicate our mission, impact, and passion. Try new ideas and approaches.
- Collaborate: Work with the program team, management, Board of Directors, and more on new initiatives, events, or projects as they relate to our mission and individual fundraising. Help support the Board’s Development Committee by arranging meetings, events/dinners, providing data, reports, and information, and supporting Board members fundraising efforts as needed, in collaboration with the CDO. Participate in staff meetings to track progress and plan future efforts. Performs other duties as assigned.
CANDIDATE CHARACTERISTICS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- 3-5+ years of direct fundraising or related experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field preferred (or equivalent experience).
- A desire to help build equity in education and remove systemic barriers to success.
- A desire to be a front-line fundraiser who helps take a strong and growing organization to a new level of service to the community, and fundraising sustainability.
- Confidence and comfort cultivating donor relationships, connecting with people, building relationships, and helping people find themselves in our mission. This position is about talking to, and forming connections with, people from all communities across Montgomery County.
- Strong project management skills, and ability to think strategically and follow through on projects.
- Demonstrated experience and success in individual fundraising (or other similar/related efforts).
- Able to effectively articulate the mission, programs and stories of CollegeTracks in writing and in person.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain strong relationships with staff, clients, funders and prospects.
- Proficiency using CRMs, preferably Salesforce, and a commitment to a detail/data-oriented approach.
- Willingness and ability to work some evenings (attending events, celebrations, etc.) and (very rarely) weekends.
THE DETAILS: The Gifts Officer is a full-time, hybrid (in-office/remote), permanent, and salaried position. We offer a generous benefits package, including health care, dental, retirement and paid time off (PTO). The compensation for the Gifts Officer position is $85,000, and is non-negotiable. The projected start date is 7/1/2022.
HOW TO APPLY: Qualified candidates should send an email to [email protected] with “CollegeTracks Gifts Officer” in the subject line. Please include your resume and a cover letter that explains how your skills and qualifications meet the position requirements. Please note: New hires will be required to submit fingerprints for criminal background checks.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
CollegeTracks understands and values racial equity as an organizational operating principle and is committed to continued learning on issues related to race, equity, diversity, and inclusion. We believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion among our team is critical to our success and mission. We seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. CollegeTracks is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against anyone because of race, age, sex, color, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, religion, ancestry, or national origin, marital status, genetic information, or political affiliation, or gender identity and expression. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply for open positions.