CollegeTracks is seeking a seasoned executive leader with a commitment to equity in postsecondary attainment, proven experience in a high-performing nonprofit leadership role related to education, and an ability to build and sustain successful relationships with partners and funders. The chosen candidate for Chief Executive Officer will lead the execution of the mission, serve as the organization’s primary public spokesperson, ensure the organization’s financial health and operational efficiency, and manage and grow a talented staff.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES of CEO
- Vision and strategy: Lead CollegeTracks’ strategic direction and program growth; collaborate with staff, board, and key stakeholders to set and achieve clear goals; promote an inclusive, equitable and anti-racist culture; and build an organization that reflects and respects the diverse communities CollegeTracks serves.
- Relationship management: Develop and cultivate strong relationships with key stakeholders, including foundations, nonprofit partners, corporate supporters, government agencies, volunteers, and board members.
- Resource development: Manage existing funder relationships and generate new revenue from diverse sources including county, corporate and foundation partners.
- Programs, operations, and financial management: Oversee successful programs and operations, including effective financial management, reporting, risk management and compliance.
- Communications and external relations: Serve as the principal spokesperson and advocate for CollegeTracks and generate new external opportunities to collaborate and grow.
- Staff leadership and culture: Ensure that all functions are appropriately staffed and provide professional development, coaching, and mentorship to staff.
- Impact measurement: Oversee the collection and use of data to monitor progress and quality, learn, improve programs, and report on impact.
- Proven ability to help shape and execute an organization’s strategy, successfully advance its mission, and grow its capacity and impact.
- Previous significant experience (preferably 5 years) in a leadership role (director level and above), including managing and coaching a talented cross-functional leadership team, and experience partnering with an engaged board of directors, ideally in a community- or student-facing organization. Transferable and analogous experiences will be considered.
- Proven ability to cultivate strong relationships with existing and new funders and diverse community partners, including local government, to drive sustainability and growth.
- Demonstrated commitment to cultivating a culture of continual learning and growth.
- Exceptional oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proven ability to relate to diverse audiences and the agility to lead an organization through unplanned challenges and changes.
CollegeTracks is a dynamic organization with dedicated staff, board and volunteers who believe that every student who graduates from high school deserves the opportunity to earn a postsecondary degree. Many qualified students of color, students from financially-stressed backgrounds, and those first in their family to attend a US college do not make it to and through a postsecondary institution due to gaps in resources and support systems needed to navigate the complexities of higher education. Recognizing that earning a postsecondary degree supports skill development, career stability, and long-term financial gain, CollegeTracks’ innovative, high-impact programs help students navigate the complex college applications and enrollment process, as well as coach them through the financial, academic, and personal challenges they may face in college. Since 2003, CollegeTracks has served more than 6,100 students. More than 80% of CollegeTracks students have enrolled in postsecondary education institutions and are graduating at a rate that far exceeds the national average for students from low-income backgrounds.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
CollegeTracks understands and values racial equity as an organizational operating principle and is committed to continued learning on issues related to race, equity, diversity, and inclusion. We believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion among our team is critical to our success and mission. We seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. CollegeTracks is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against anyone because of race, age, sex, color, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, religion, ancestry, or national origin, marital status, genetic information, or political affiliation, or gender identity and expression. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply for open positions.